Join us at an exciting time; we are the leading supplier of luxury, performance and specialist textiles to the biggest names in the hospitality, healthcare and retail markets. We work with the likes of the IHG, Hilton Worldwide and Accor, as well as huge healthcare brands, government organisations and retail players such as John Lewis.
As part of our ongoing expansion, we require a talented Web Developer to join our e-commerce team, leading digital development for the group, worldwide.
As Web Developer, you will have full responsibility for the performance and operation of our digital platforms; leading new, technical initiatives to improve digital experience for our customers and staff.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
- Create website layout/user interface by using standard HTML/CSS practices
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Create and maintain software documentation
- Be responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling our site
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities
- Cooperate with web designers to match visual design intent
- The candidate must have development experience in Magento and WordPress sites
- The candidate must have a strong understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards
- The position requires constant communication with colleagues
- Experience in planning and delivering software platforms used across multiple products and organisational units
- Deep functional knowledge and hands-on design experience with web services (REST, SOAP, etc …)
- Strong grasp of security principles and how they apply to e-commerce applications
If you would like to apply for this role, please send a copy of your CV and covering letter to Matt Bowes, Vision Support Services, Darwen House, Walker Park, Blackburn, BB1 2QE or apply via email at firstname.lastname@example.org